- ATP + glycerone ADP + glycerone phosphate
This enzyme belongs to the family of transferases, specifically those transferring phosphorus-containing groups (phosphotransferases) with an alcohol group as acceptor. The systematic name of this enzyme class is ATP:glycerone phosphotransferase. Other names in common use include dihydroxyacetone kinase, acetol kinase, and acetol kinase (phosphorylating). This enzyme participates in glycerolipid metabolism.
- IUBMB entry for 220.127.116.11
- BRENDA references for 18.104.22.168 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 22.214.171.124
- PubMed Central references for 126.96.36.199
- Google Scholar references for 188.8.131.52
- Sellinger OZ and Miller ON (1957). "Phosphorylation of acetol by homogenates of rat liver". Fed. Proc. 16: 245&ndash, 246.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 9027-47-8.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|60x45px||This enzyme-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|