Elongation factor 2 kinase
- ATP + [elongation factor 2] ADP + [elongation factor 2] phosphate
This enzyme belongs to the family of transferases, specifically those transferring a phosphate group to the sidechain oxygen atom of serine or threonine residues in proteins (protein-serine/threonine kinases). The systematic name of this enzyme class is ATP:[elongation factor 2] phosphotransferase. Other names in common use include Ca/CaM-kinase III, calmodulin-dependent protein kinase III, CaM kinase III, eEF2 kinase, eEF2K, EF2K, and STK19.
- IUBMB entry for 220.127.116.11
- BRENDA references for 18.104.22.168 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 22.214.171.124
- PubMed Central references for 126.96.36.199
- Google Scholar references for 188.8.131.52
- Mitsui K, Brady M, Palfrey HC, Nairn AC (1993). "Purification and characterization of calmodulin-dependent protein kinase III from rabbit reticulocytes and rat pancreas". J. Biol. Chem. 268: 13422&ndash, 33. PMID 8514778.
- Hincke MT, Nairn AC (Pt 3). "Phosphorylation of elongation factor 2 during Ca(2+)-mediated secretion from rat parotid acini". Biochem. J. 282: 877&ndash, 82. PMID 1372803. Check date values in:
- Knebel A, Morrice N, Cohen P (2001). "A novel method to identify protein kinase substrates: eEF2 kinase is phosphorylated and inhibited by SAPK4/p38delta". EMBO. J. 20: 4360&ndash, 9. PMID 11500363.
- Sans MD, Xie Q, Williams JA (2004). "Regulation of translation elongation and phosphorylation of eEF2 in rat pancreatic acini". Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 319: 144&ndash, 51. PMID 15158453.
- Browne GJ, Finn SG, Proud CG (2004). "Stimulation of the AMP-activated protein kinase leads to activation of eukaryotic elongation factor 2 kinase and to its phosphorylation at a novel site, serine 398". J. Biol. Chem. 279: 12220&ndash, 31. PMID 14709557.
- Ryazanov AG (2002). "Elongation factor-2 kinase and its newly discovered relatives". FEBS. Lett. 514: 26&ndash, 9. PMID 11904175.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|60x45px||This enzyme-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|