Cystic fibrosis history and symptoms
Cystic fibrosis Microchapters
Cystic fibrosis history and symptoms On the Web
American Roentgen Ray Society Images of Cystic fibrosis history and symptoms
History and Symptoms
Most common symptoms in cystic fibrosis
- Salty sweat
- Constant coughing
- Diarrhea or bulky, foul-smelling, greasy stools
- Stomach pain and discomfort
- Constipation/ abdominal bloating
- Poor weight gain/ failure to thrive
- fatigue/ weakness
Less common symptoms in cystic fibrosis
Less common symptoms in cystic fibrosis include:
- Nasal polyps
- Frequent coughing and hemoptysis (due to respiratory infection)
- Skin irritation (zinc deficiency can cause dermatitis)
- "Cystic Fibrosis - National Library of Medicine - PubMed Health".
- Tabori H, Arnold C, Jaudszus A, Mentzel HJ, Renz DM, Reinsch S, Lorenz M, Michl R, Gerber A, Lehmann T, Mainz JG (2017). "Abdominal symptoms in cystic fibrosis and their relation to genotype, history, clinical and laboratory findings". PLoS ONE. 12 (5): e0174463. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0174463. PMC 5417419. PMID 28472055.
- Sabharwal S (January 2016). "Gastrointestinal Manifestations of Cystic Fibrosis". Gastroenterol Hepatol (N Y). 12 (1): 43–7. PMC 4865785. PMID 27330503.