- D-xylonate 2-dehydro-3-deoxy-D-xylonate + H2O
This enzyme belongs to the family of lyases, specifically the hydro-lyases, which cleave carbon-oxygen bonds. The systematic name of this enzyme class is D-xylonate hydro-lyase (2-dehydro-3-deoxy-D-xylonate-forming). Other names in common use include D-xylo-aldonate dehydratase, D-xylonate dehydratase, and D-xylonate hydro-lyase. This enzyme participates in pentose and glucuronate interconversions.
- IUBMB entry for 18.104.22.168
- BRENDA references for 22.214.171.124 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 126.96.36.199
- PubMed Central references for 188.8.131.52
- Google Scholar references for 184.108.40.206
- Dahms AS, Donald A (1982). "D-xylo-Aldonate dehydratase". Methods. Enzymol. 90 Pt. E: 302&ndash, 5. PMID 7154961.
- Donald A, Sibley D, Lyons DE, Dahms AS (1979). "D-Galactonate dehydrase. Purification and properties". J. Biol. Chem. 254: 2132&ndash, 7. PMID 422572.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 84788-77-2.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes