- ATP + L-valine + tRNAVal AMP + diphosphate + L-valyl-tRNAVal
This enzyme belongs to the family of ligases, specifically those forming carbon-oxygen bonds in aminoacyl-tRNA and related compounds. The systematic name of this enzyme class is L-valine:tRNAVal ligase (AMP-forming). Other names in common use include valyl-tRNA synthetase, valyl-transfer ribonucleate synthetase, valyl-transfer RNA synthetase, valyl-transfer ribonucleic acid synthetase, valine transfer ribonucleate ligase, and valine translase. This enzyme participates in valine, leucine and isoleucine biosynthesis and aminoacyl-trna biosynthesis.
- IUBMB entry for 126.96.36.199
- BRENDA references for 188.8.131.52 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 184.108.40.206
- PubMed Central references for 220.127.116.11
- Google Scholar references for 18.104.22.168
- Berg P, Bergmann FH, Ofengand EJ and Dieckmann M (1961). "The enzymic synthesis of amino acyl derivatives of ribonucleic acid I. The mechanism of leucyl-, valyl-, isoleucyl- and methionyl ribonucleic acid formation". J. Biol. Chem. 236: 1726&ndash, 1734.
- Bergmann FH, Berg P and Dieckmann M (1961). "The enzymic synthesis of amino acyl derivatives of ribonucleic acid II. The preparation of leucyl-, valyl-, isoleucyl- and methionyl ribonucleic acid synthetases from Escherichia coli". J. Biol. Chem. 236: 1735&ndash, 1740.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 9023-47-6.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes