VIPoma history and symptoms
VIPoma history and symptoms On the Web
American Roentgen Ray Society Images of VIPoma history and symptoms
Patients with VIPoma may have a positive history of:
- Watery diarrhea like cholera
- Volume ranges from 750ml to more than 3 liters.
- Secretory diarrhea persists even on fasting for 48 hours and is odorless.
- The stool appears like dilute tea in color, is blood and mucus free.
- Dehydration (thirst, dry skin, dry mouth, tiredness, headaches, and dizziness)
- Muscle weakness
- Weight loss
- Numbness caused due to hypokalaemia
Less Common Symptoms
- VIPoma. U.S. National Library of Medicine. Accessed on October 23, 2015. https://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/000228.htm
- Remme CA, de Groot GH, Schrijver G (2006). "Diagnosis and treatment of VIPoma in a female patient.". Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 18 (1): 93–9. PMID 16357627.
- Ghaferi AA, Chojnacki KA, Long WD, Cameron JL, Yeo CJ (2008). "Pancreatic VIPomas: subject review and one institutional experience.". J Gastrointest Surg. 12 (2): 382–93. PMID 17510774. doi:10.1007/s11605-007-0177-0.
- Ito T, Igarashi H, Jensen RT (2012). "Pancreatic neuroendocrine tumors: clinical features, diagnosis and medical treatment: advances.". Best Pract Res Clin Gastroenterol. 26 (6): 737–53. PMC . PMID 23582916. doi:10.1016/j.bpg.2012.12.003.