Umar Ahmad, M.D.
- Associate Editor-in-Chief, WikiDoc.org
- Research Fellow, PERFUSE Study Group, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
Umar Ahmad is a Research Fellow at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard University in Boston.
Windsor University School of Medicine, M.D., Surgery
- Windsor University School of Medicine, St. Kitts-January 2018
- UNPHU, Dominican Republic-December 2012
- New Dorp High School, New York-June 2009
- High nitric oxide-adapted breast cancer cell lines showed down-regulation in cell division cycle protein 27 (CDC27)-DOI number: 10.4172/2161-1025.C1.020
- A New Syndrome: Phantogeusia-induced Phantosmia, CNS Spectrums (Journal), July 2017.
- Smelling and Tasting but not Smelling and Tasting: The Co-Occurrence of Subjective Hyposmia and Subjective Hypogeusia, submitted to American Academy of Neurology (AAN).
First Author of all the articles.
Umar Ahmad is a graduating medical student from New York. He started his medical education by doing pre-med in the Dominican Republic in Spanish. From there he went to Medical school in the Caribbean. He had the privilege of helping people who hadn’t seen a doctor on an average of more than 20 years. He devoted countless hours, while in school, to managing different free clinics set up around the island. He has done his rotations in Chicago alongside some of the best doctors in the US. He is a hardworking student who is passionate about his future and is aiming to pursue a career in Surgery. He likes to travel, meet new people, play ping pong, chess, and soccer.