- UDP-N-acetyl-D-glucosamine UDP-N-acetyl-D-mannosamine
This enzyme belongs to the family of isomerases, specifically those racemases and epimerases acting on carbohydrates and derivatives. The systematic name of this enzyme class is UDP-N-acetyl-D-glucosamine 2-epimerase. Other names in common use include UDP-N-acetylglucosamine 2'-epimerase, uridine diphosphoacetylglucosamine 2'-epimerase, uridine diphospho-N-acetylglucosamine 2'-epimerase, and uridine diphosphate-N-acetylglucosamine-2'-epimerase. This enzyme participates in aminosugars metabolism.
- IUBMB entry for 22.214.171.124
- BRENDA references for 126.96.36.199 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 188.8.131.52
- PubMed Central references for 184.108.40.206
- Google Scholar references for 220.127.116.11
- Kikuchi K, Tsuiki S (1973). "Purification and properties of UDP-N-acetylglucosamine 2'-epimerase from rat liver". Biochim. Biophys. Acta. 327: 193&ndash, 206. PMID 4770741.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 9037-71-2.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|This isomerase article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|