- 3'-phosphoadenylyl sulfate + a thiol adenosine 3',5'-bisphosphate + an S-alkyl thiosulfate
This enzyme belongs to the family of transferases, specifically the sulfotransferases, which transfer sulfur-containing groups. The systematic name of this enzyme class is 3'-phosphoadenylyl-sulfate:thiol S-sulfotransferase. Other names in common use include phosphoadenylylsulfate-thiol sulfotransferase, PAPS sulfotransferase, and adenosine 3'-phosphate 5'-sulphatophosphate sulfotransferase.
- IUBMB entry for 188.8.131.52
- BRENDA references for 184.108.40.206 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 220.127.116.11
- PubMed Central references for 18.104.22.168
- Google Scholar references for 22.214.171.124
- Schmidt A (1976). "The adenosine-5'-phosphosulfate sulfotransferase from spinach (Spinacea oleracea L.). Stabilization, partial purification, and properties". Planta. 130: 257&ndash, 263.
- Schmidt A and Christen U (1979). "A PAPS-dependent sulfotransferase in Cyanophora paradoxa inhibited by 5'-AMP, 5'-ADP and APS". Z. Naturforsch. C: Biosci. 34: 222&ndash, 228.
- Tsang M (1976). "L.-S. and Schiff, J.A. Studies of sulfate utilization by algae. 17 Reactions of the adenosine 5'-phosphosulfate (APS) sulfotransferase from Chlorella and studies of model reactions which explain the diversity of side products with thiols". Plant Cell Physiol. 17: 1209&ndash, 1220.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 70356-45-5.
|This transferase article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|