- ATP + thiamine ADP + thiamine phosphate
This enzyme belongs to the family of transferases, specifically those transferring phosphorus-containing groups (phosphotransferases) with an alcohol group as acceptor. The systematic name of this enzyme class is ATP:thiamine phosphotransferase. Other names in common use include thiamin kinase (phosphorylating), thiamin phosphokinase, ATP:thiamin phosphotransferase, and thiamin kinase. This enzyme participates in thiamine metabolism.
- IUBMB entry for 220.127.116.11
- BRENDA references for 18.104.22.168 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 22.214.171.124
- PubMed Central references for 126.96.36.199
- Google Scholar references for 188.8.131.52
- Iwashima A, Nishino H, Nose Y (1972). "Conversion of thiamine to thiamine monophosphate by cell-free extracts of Escherichia coli". Biochim. Biophys. Acta. 258: 333&ndash, 6. PMID 4550803.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 62213-38-1.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|60x45px||This enzyme-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|