- ATP + thiamine diphosphate ADP + thiamine triphosphate
This enzyme belongs to the family of transferases, specifically those transferring phosphorus-containing groups (phosphotransferases) with a phosphate group as acceptor. The systematic name of this enzyme class is ATP:thiamine-diphosphate phosphotransferase. Other names in common use include ATP:thiamin-diphosphate phosphotransferase, TDP kinase, thiamin diphosphate kinase, thiamin diphosphate phosphotransferase, thiamin pyrophosphate kinase, thiamine diphosphate kinase, and protein bound thiamin diphosphate:ATP phosphoryltransferase. This enzyme participates in thiamine metabolism.
- IUBMB entry for 184.108.40.206
- BRENDA references for 220.127.116.11 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 18.104.22.168
- PubMed Central references for 22.214.171.124
- Google Scholar references for 126.96.36.199
- Itokawa Y, Cooper JR (1968). "The enzymatic synthesis of triphosphothiamin". Biochim. Biophys. Acta. 158: 180&ndash, 2. PMID 5661031.
- Kikuchi M and Ikawa T (Tokyo). "Presence of an enzyme mediating transfer of phosphate from thiamine triphosphate to ADP in germinating maize". Bot. Mag.: 193&ndash, 205. Check date values in:
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 9075-79-0.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|60x45px||This enzyme-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|