- L-cysteine + 'activated' tRNA L-serine + tRNA containing a thionucleotide
This enzyme belongs to the family of transferases, specifically the sulfurtransferases, which transfer sulfur-containing groups. The systematic name of this enzyme class is L-cysteine:tRNA sulfurtransferase. Other names in common use include transfer ribonucleate sulfurtransferase, RNA sulfurtransferase, ribonucleate sulfurtransferase, transfer RNA sulfurtransferase, and transfer RNA thiolase.
- IUBMB entry for 220.127.116.11
- BRENDA references for 18.104.22.168 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 22.214.171.124
- PubMed Central references for 126.96.36.199
- Google Scholar references for 188.8.131.52
- Abrell JW, Kaufman EE, Lipsett MN (1971). "The biosynthesis of 4-thiouridylate. Separation and purification of two enzymes in the transfer ribonucleic acid-sulfurtransferase system". J. Biol. Chem. 246: 294&ndash, 301. PMID 5541999.
- Hayward RS, Weiss SB (1966). "RNA thiolase: the enzymatic transfer of sulfur from cysteine to sRNA in Escherichia coli extracts". Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U. S. A. 55: 1161&ndash, 8. PMID 5334200.
- Lipsett MN, Peterkofsky A (1966). "Enzymatic thiolation of E. coli sRNA". Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U. S. A. 55: 1169&ndash, 74. PMID 5334201.
- Wong TW, Weiss SB, Eliceiri GL, Bryant J (1970). "Ribonucleic acid sulfurtransferase from Bacillus subtilis W168 Sulfuration with beta-mercaptopyruvate and properties of the enzyme system". Biochemistry. 9: 2376&ndash, 86. PMID 4987417.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 9055-57-6.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|This transferase article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|