- ATP + tRNAn diphosphate + tRNAn+1
This enzyme belongs to the family of transferases, specifically those transferring phosphorus-containing nucleotide groups (nucleotidyltransferases). The systematic name of this enzyme class is ATP:tRNA adenylyltransferase. Other names in common use include tRNA CCA-pyrophosphorylase, tRNA-nucleotidyltransferase, transfer-RNA nucleotidyltransferase, transfer ribonucleic acid nucleotidyl transferase, CTP(ATP):tRNA nucleotidyltransferase, transfer ribonucleate adenylyltransferase, transfer ribonucleate adenyltransferase, transfer RNA adenylyltransferase, transfer ribonucleate nucleotidyltransferase, ATP (CTP):tRNA nucleotidyltransferase, ribonucleic cytidylic cytidylic adenylic pyrophosphorylase, transfer ribonucleate nucleotidyltransferase, transfer ribonucleic adenylyl (cytidylyl) transferase, transfer ribonucleic-terminal trinucleotide nucleotidyltransferase, transfer ribonucleate cytidylyltransferase, ribonucleic cytidylyltransferase, -C-C-A pyrophosphorylase, tRNA cytidylyltransferase, ATP(CTP)-tRNA nucleotidyltransferase, tRNA adenylyl(cytidylyl)transferase, and CTP:tRNA cytidylyltransferase.
As of late 2007, 17 structures have been solved for this class of enzymes, with PDB accession codes 1R89, 1R8A, 1R8B, 1R8C, 1SZ1, 1TFW, 1TFY, 1UET, 1UEU, 1UEV, 2DR5, 2DR7, 2DR8, 2DR9, 2DRA, 2DRB, and 2DVI.
- IUBMB entry for 188.8.131.52
- BRENDA references for 184.108.40.206 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 220.127.116.11
- PubMed Central references for 18.104.22.168
- Google Scholar references for 22.214.171.124
- Best AN, Novelli GD (1971). "Studies with tRNA adenylyl(cytidylyl)transferase from Escherichia coli B. I. Purification and kinetic properties". Arch. Biochem. Biophys. 142: 527&ndash, 38. PMID 4927556.
- Best AN, Novelli GD (1971). "Studies with tRNA adenylyl(cytidylyl)transferase from Escherichia coli B. II. Regulation of AMP and CMP incorporation into tRNApCpC and tRNApC". Arch. Biochem. Biophys. 142: 539&ndash, 47. PMID 4927557.
- Deutscher M (1972). "Synthesis and functions of the -C-C-A terminus of transfer RNA". Prog. Nucleic Acid Res. Mol. Biol. 13: 51&ndash, 92.
- Starr JL and Goldthwait DA (1963). "The incorporation of nucleotides into amino acid transfer ribonucleic acid. I. The partial purification and properties of an enzyme catalyzing the incorporation of adenylic acid into the terminal position". J. Biol. Chem. 238: 682&ndash, 689.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 52523-59-8.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|60x45px||This enzyme-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|