- S-(5-deoxy-D-ribos-5-yl)-L-homocysteine L-homocysteine + (4S)-4,5-dihydroxypentan-2,3-dione
This enzyme belongs to the family of lyases, specifically the class of carbon-sulfur lyases. The systematic name of this enzyme class is S-(5-deoxy-D-ribos-5-yl)-L-homocysteine L-homocysteine-lyase [(4S)-4,5-dihydroxypentan-2,3-dione-forming]. Other names in common use include S-ribosylhomocysteinase, and LuxS. This enzyme participates in methionine metabolism.
- IUBMB entry for 22.214.171.124
- BRENDA references for 126.96.36.199 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 188.8.131.52
- PubMed Central references for 184.108.40.206
- Google Scholar references for 220.127.116.11
- Zhu J, Dizin E, Hu X, Wavreille AS, Park J, Pei D (2003). "S-Ribosylhomocysteinase (LuxS) is a mononuclear iron protein". Biochemistry. 42: 4717&ndash, 26. PMID 12705835.
- Miller MB, Bassler BL (2001). "Quorum sensing in bacteria". Annu. Rev. Microbiol. 55: 165&ndash, 99. PMID 11544353.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 37288-63-4.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|60x45px||This enzyme-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|