- caffeoyl-CoA + 3-(3,4-dihydroxyphenyl)lactate CoA + rosmarinate
This enzyme belongs to the family of transferases, specifically those acyltransferases transferring groups other than aminoacyl groups. The systematic name of this enzyme class is caffeoyl-CoA:3-(3,4-dihydroxyphenyl)lactate 2'-O-caffeoyl-transferase. Other names in common use include rosmarinic acid synthase, caffeoyl-coenzyme A:3,4-dihydroxyphenyllactic acid, caffeoyltransferase, and 4-coumaroyl-CoA:4-hydroxyphenyllactic acid 4-coumaroyl transferase. This enzyme participates in tyrosine metabolism.
- IUBMB entry for 18.104.22.168
- BRENDA references for 22.214.171.124 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 126.96.36.199
- PubMed Central references for 188.8.131.52
- Google Scholar references for 184.108.40.206
- Petersen M and Alfermann AW (1988). "Two new enzymes of rosmarinic acid biosynthesis from cell cultures of Coleus blumei: hydroxyphenylpyruvate reductase and rosmarinic acid synthase". Z. Naturforsch. C: Biosci. 43: 501&ndash, 504.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 117590-80-4.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|This transferase article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|