- ATP + L(or D)-ribulose ADP + L(or D)-ribulose 5-phosphate
This enzyme belongs to the family of transferases, specifically those transferring phosphorus-containing groups (phosphotransferases) with an alcohol group as acceptor. The systematic name of this enzyme class is ATP:L(or D)-ribulose 5-phosphotransferase. Other names in common use include ribulokinase (phosphorylating), and L-ribulokinase. This enzyme participates in pentose and glucuronate interconversions.
- IUBMB entry for 184.108.40.206
- BRENDA references for 220.127.116.11 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 18.104.22.168
- PubMed Central references for 22.214.171.124
- Google Scholar references for 126.96.36.199
- BURMA DP, HORECKER BL (1958). "Pentose fermentation by Lactobacillus plantarum. III. Ribulokinase". J. Biol. Chem. 231: 1039&ndash, 51. PMID 13539035.
- Lee N, Bendet I (1967). "Crystalline L-ribulokinase from Escherichia coli". J. Biol. Chem. 242: 2043&ndash, 50. PMID 5336963.
- Simpson FJ, Wolin MJ and Wood WA (1958). "Degradation of L-arabinose by Aerobacter aerogenes. I. A pathway involving phosphorylated intermediates". J. Biol. Chem. 230: 457&ndash, 472.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 9030-57-3.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|60x45px||This enzyme-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|