- ATP + L-rhamnulose ADP + L-rhamnulose 1-phosphate
This enzyme belongs to the family of transferases, specifically those transferring phosphorus-containing groups (phosphotransferases) with an alcohol group as acceptor. The systematic name of this enzyme class is ATP:L-rhamnulose 1-phosphotransferase. Other names in common use include RhuK, rhamnulokinase (phosphorylating), L-rhamnulokinase, L-rhamnulose kinase, and rhamnulose kinase. This enzyme participates in pentose and glucuronate interconversions and fructose and mannose metabolism.
- IUBMB entry for 126.96.36.199
- BRENDA references for 188.8.131.52 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 184.108.40.206
- PubMed Central references for 220.127.116.11
- Google Scholar references for 18.104.22.168
- Wilson DM and Ajl S (1957). "Metabolism of L-rhamnose by Escherichia coli. II. The phosphorylation of L-rhamnulose". J. Bacteriol. 73: 415&ndash, 420.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 9030-52-8.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|60x45px||This enzyme-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|