|40x40px||Look up resolution in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
The term Resolution may refer to:
- Resolution (logic), a rule of inference used for automated theorem proving.
- Resolution (law), a written motion adopted by a deliberative body.
- Resolution (music), a technique in music theory.
- Resolution (meter), the replacement of one longum with two brevia
- New Year's resolution
- Resolution, a Douglas DC-6 aircraft, BCPA Flight 304, which crashed near San Francisco in 1953
Optics and electronics
- Display resolution, the level of detail on a display device, such as a monitor
- Temporal resolution, for example the sampling frequency of a digital audio device
- Image resolution, the level of detail of an image
- Optical resolution, the capability of an optical system to distinguish, detect, and/or record details
- Angular resolution, the capability of an optical or other sensor to discern small objects
- Sensor resolution
- Spatial resolution, the area on the ground that a single pixel covers.
- Bit resolution, or Bit depth, may refer to Color depth or Audio bit depth
- Printing resolution, the number of individual dots of ink or toner a printer can produce within a unit of distance (e.g., dots per inch)
- Corporate resolution, a legal document defining which individuals are authorized to act on behalf of a corporation
- Resolution plc, a major manager of in-force UK life funds, part of the FTSE 100 index
- Resolution copper, a copper mining project in Arizona
- HMS Resolution, any of several British Royal Navy ships
- HMNZS Resolution (A-14), Royal New Zealand Navy surveillance ship
- Resolution class submarine, British Royal Navy
- Injective resolution, mathematical series
- Resolution of singularities in algebraic geometry
- Resolution (logic), a proof calculus for propositional logic and first-order logic.
- The fictitious "Resolution Island" was the setting of the novel Brown on Resolution by C. S. Forester
- Conflict resolution is the process of attempting to resolve a dispute or a conflict.
- Name resolution, the process of retrieving information from the Domain Name System
- Resolution (electron density), resolution in structural biology