- pyruvate + CoA + 2 oxidized ferredoxin acetyl-CoA + CO2 + 2 reduced ferredoxin + 2 H+
This enzyme belongs to the family of oxidoreductases, specifically those acting on the aldehyde or oxo group of donor with an iron-sulfur protein as acceptor. The systematic name of this enzyme class is pyruvate:ferredoxin 2-oxidoreductase (CoA-acetylating). Other names in common use include pyruvate oxidoreductase, pyruvate synthetase, pyruvate:ferredoxin oxidoreductase, and pyruvic-ferredoxin oxidoreductase. This enzyme participates in 4 metabolic pathways: pyruvate metabolism, propanoate metabolism, butanoate metabolism, and reductive carboxylate cycle (co2 fixation).
- IUBMB entry for 220.127.116.11
- BRENDA references for 18.104.22.168 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 22.214.171.124
- PubMed Central references for 126.96.36.199
- Google Scholar references for 188.8.131.52
- Evans MC, Buchanan BB (1965). "Photoreduction of ferredoxin and its use in carbon dioxide fixation by a subcellular system from a photosynthetic bacterium". Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U. S. A. 53: 1420&ndash, 5. PMID 5217644.
- Gehring U, Arnon DI (1972). "Purification and properties of -ketoglutarate synthase from a photosynthetic bacterium". J. Biol. Chem. 247: 6963&ndash, 9. PMID 4628267.
- Uyeda K, Rabinowitz JC (1971). "Pyruvate-ferredoxin oxidoreductase. 3. Purification and properties of the enzyme". J. Biol. Chem. 246: 3111&ndash, 9. PMID 5574389.
- Uyeda K, Rabinowitz JC (1971). "Pyruvate-ferredoxin oxidoreductase. IV. Studies on the reaction mechanism". J. Biol. Chem. 246: 3120&ndash, 5. PMID 4324891.
- Charon MH, Volbeda A, Chabriere E, Pieulle L, Fontecilla-Camps JC (1999). "Structure and electron transfer mechanism of pyruvate:ferredoxin oxidoreductase". Curr. Opin. Struct. Biol. 9: 663&ndash, 9. PMID 10607667.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 9082-51-3.