- 3'-phosphoadenylyl sulfate + galactosylsphingosine adenosine 3',5'-bisphosphate + psychosine sulfate
This enzyme belongs to the family of transferases, specifically the sulfotransferases, which transfer sulfur-containing groups. The systematic name of this enzyme class is 3'-phosphoadenylyl-sulfate:galactosylsphingosine sulfotransferase. Other names in common use include PAPS:psychosine sulphotransferase, and 3'-phosphoadenosine 5'-phosphosulfate-psychosine sulphotransferase.
- IUBMB entry for 126.96.36.199
- BRENDA references for 188.8.131.52 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 184.108.40.206
- PubMed Central references for 220.127.116.11
- Google Scholar references for 18.104.22.168
- Nussbaum JL, Mandel P (1972). "Enzymic synthesis of psychosine sulphate". J. Neurochem. 19: 1789&ndash, 802. PMID 5042474.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 37259-76-0.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|This transferase article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|