- acetyl-CoA + propanoate acetate + propanoyl-CoA
This enzyme belongs to the family of transferases, specifically the CoA-transferases. The systematic name of this enzyme class is acetyl-CoA:propanoate CoA-transferase. Other names in common use include propionate coenzyme A-transferase, propionate-CoA:lactoyl-CoA transferase, propionyl CoA:acetate CoA transferase, and propionyl-CoA transferase. This enzyme participates in 3 metabolic pathways: pyruvate metabolism, propanoate metabolism, and styrene degradation.
- IUBMB entry for 220.127.116.11
- BRENDA references for 18.104.22.168 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 22.214.171.124
- PubMed Central references for 126.96.36.199
- Google Scholar references for 188.8.131.52
- Stadtman ER (1952). "Acyl-coenzyme A synthesis by phosphotransacetylase and coenzyme A transphorase". Fed. Proc. 11: 291.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 9026-15-7.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|This transferase article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|