- 4-hydroxy-3-hexanone 2 propanal
This enzyme belongs to the family of lyases, specifically the aldehyde-lyases, which cleave carbon-carbon bonds. The systematic name of this enzyme class is 4-hydroxy-3-hexanone propanal-lyase (propanal-forming). Other names in common use include 4-hydroxy-3-hexanone aldolase, and 4-hydroxy-3-hexanone propanal-lyase.
- IUBMB entry for 18.104.22.168
- BRENDA references for 22.214.171.124 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 126.96.36.199
- PubMed Central references for 188.8.131.52
- Google Scholar references for 184.108.40.206
- Morimoto S, Azuma K, Oshima T and Sakamoto M (1988). "Purification and properties of a new enzyme, propioin synthase in bakers' yeast which forms propioin from propionaldehyde". J. Ferment. Technol. 66: 7&ndash, 12.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 114189-86-5.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|This EC 4.1 enzyme-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|