- ATP + (phosphate)n ADP + (phosphate)n+1
This enzyme belongs to the family of transferases, specifically those transferring phosphorus-containing groups (phosphotransferases) with a phosphate group as acceptor. The systematic name of this enzyme class is ATP:polyphosphate phosphotransferase. This enzyme is also called polyphosphoric acid kinase. This enzyme participates in oxidative phosphorylation.
- IUBMB entry for 188.8.131.52
- BRENDA references for 184.108.40.206 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 220.127.116.11
- PubMed Central references for 18.104.22.168
- Google Scholar references for 22.214.171.124
- HOFFMANN-OSTENHOF O, KENEDY J, KECK K, GABRIEL O, SCHONFELLINGER HW (1954). "[A new transphosphorylase from yeast.]". Biochim. Biophys. Acta. 14: 285. PMID 13172250.
- KORNBERG A, KORNBERG SR, SIMMS ES (1956). "Metaphosphate synthesis by an enzyme from Escherichia coli". Biochim. Biophys. Acta. 20: 215&ndash, 27. PMID 13315368.
- Muhammed A (1961). "Studies on biosynthesis of polymetaphosphate by an enzyme from Corynebacterium xerosis". Biochim. Biophys. Acta. 54: 121&ndash, 132.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 9026-44-2.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|60x45px||This enzyme-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|