- ATP + 5'-dephospho-DNA ADP + 5'-phospho-DNA
This enzyme belongs to the family of transferases, specifically those transferring phosphorus-containing groups (phosphotransferases) with an alcohol group as acceptor. The systematic name of this enzyme class is ATP:5'-dephosphopolynucleotide 5'-phosphotransferase. Other names in common use include ATP:5'-dephosphopolynucleotide 5'-phosphatase, PNK, polynucleotide 5'-hydroxyl kinase (phosphorylating), 5'-hydroxyl polynucleotide kinase, 5'-hydroxyl polyribonucleotide kinase, 5'-hydroxyl RNA kinase, DNA 5'-hydroxyl kinase, DNA kinase, polynucleotide kinase, and polynucleotide 5'-hydroxy-kinase.
- IUBMB entry for 184.108.40.206
- BRENDA references for 220.127.116.11 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 18.104.22.168
- PubMed Central references for 22.214.171.124
- Google Scholar references for 126.96.36.199
- Novogrodsky A, Hurwitz J (1966). "The enzymatic phosphorylation of ribonucleic acid and deoxyribonucleic acid. I. Phosphorylation at 5'-hydroxyl termini". J. Biol. Chem. 241: 2923&ndash, 32. PMID 4287929.
- Novogrodsky A, Tal M, Traub A, Hurwitz J (1966). "The enzymatic phosphorylation of ribonucleic acid and deoxyribonucleic acid. II. Further properties of the 5'-hydroxyl polynucleotide kinase". J. Biol. Chem. 241: 2933&ndash, 43. PMID 4287930.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 37211-65-7.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|60x45px||This enzyme-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|