- ATP + (4-amino-2-methylpyrimidin-5-yl)methyl phosphate ADP + (4-amino-2-methylpyrimidin-5-yl)methyl diphosphate
This enzyme belongs to the family of transferases, specifically those transferring phosphorus-containing groups (phosphotransferases) with a phosphate group as acceptor. The systematic name of this enzyme class is ATP:(4-amino-2-methylpyrimidin-5-yl)methyl-phosphate phosphotransferase. Other names in common use include hydroxymethylpyrimidine phosphokinase, and ATP:4-amino-2-methyl-5-phosphomethylpyrimidine phosphotransferase. This enzyme participates in thiamine metabolism.
- IUBMB entry for 184.108.40.206
- BRENDA references for 220.127.116.11 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 18.104.22.168
- PubMed Central references for 22.214.171.124
- Google Scholar references for 126.96.36.199
- Lewin LM and Brown GM (1961). "The biosynthesis of thiamine. III. Mechanism of enzymatic formation of the pyrophosphate ester of 2-methyl-4-amino-5-hydroxymethylpyrimidine". J. Biol. Chem. 236: 2768&ndash, 2771.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 37278-18-5.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|60x45px||This enzyme-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|