- 6-phospho-D-gluconate 2-dehydro-3-deoxy-6-phospho-D-gluconate + H2O
This enzyme belongs to the family of lyases, specifically the hydro-lyases, which cleave carbon-oxygen bonds. The systematic name of this enzyme class is 6-phospho-D-gluconate hydro-lyase (2-dehydro-3-deoxy-6-phospho-D-gluconate-forming). Other names in common use include 6-phosphogluconate dehydratase, 6-phosphogluconic dehydrase, gluconate-6-phosphate dehydratase, gluconate 6-phosphate dehydratase, 6-phosphogluconate dehydrase, and 6-phospho-D-gluconate hydro-lyase. This enzyme participates in pentose phosphate pathway.
- IUBMB entry for 220.127.116.11
- BRENDA references for 18.104.22.168 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 22.214.171.124
- PubMed Central references for 126.96.36.199
- Google Scholar references for 188.8.131.52
- MELOCHE HP, WOOD WA (1964). "THE MECHANISM OF 6-PHOSPHOGLUCONIC DEHYDRASE". J. Biol. Chem. 239: 3505&ndash, 10. PMID 14245409.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 9024-33-3.