- 3'-phosphoadenylyl sulfate + H2O adenosine 3',5'-bisphosphate + sulfate
This enzyme belongs to the family of hydrolases, specifically those acting on acid anhydrides in sulfonyl-containing anhydrides. The systematic name of this enzyme class is 3'-phosphoadenylyl-sulfate sulfohydrolase. Other names in common use include 3-phosphoadenylyl sulfatase, 3-phosphoadenosine 5-phosphosulfate sulfatase, PAPS sulfatase, and 3'-phosphoadenylylsulfate sulfohydrolase. This enzyme participates in sulfur metabolism. It employs one cofactor, manganese.
- IUBMB entry for 18.104.22.168
- BRENDA references for 22.214.171.124 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 126.96.36.199
- PubMed Central references for 188.8.131.52
- Google Scholar references for 184.108.40.206
- BALASUBRAMANIAN AS, BACHHAWAT BK (1962). "Enzymic degradation of active sulphate". Biochim. Biophys. Acta. 59: 389&ndash, 97. PMID 13864264.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 37289-37-5.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|40x30px||This hydrolase article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|