- acetyl-CoA + L-phenylalanine CoA + N-acetyl-L-phenylalanine
This enzyme belongs to the family of transferases, specifically those acyltransferases transferring groups other than aminoacyl groups. The systematic name of this enzyme class is acetyl-CoA:L-phenylalanine N-acetyltransferase. This enzyme is also called acetyl-CoA-L-phenylalanine alpha-N-acetyltransferase. This enzyme participates in phenylalanine metabolism.
- IUBMB entry for 188.8.131.52
- BRENDA references for 184.108.40.206 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 220.127.116.11
- PubMed Central references for 18.104.22.168
- Google Scholar references for 22.214.171.124
- Leuzinger W, Baker AL, Cauvin E (1968). "Acetylcholinesterase. II. Crystallization, absorption spectra, isoionic point". Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U. S. A. 59: 620&ndash, 3. PMID 5238989.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 9075-16-5.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|This transferase article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|