- L-phenylalanine + pyruvate phenylpyruvate + L-alanine
This enzyme belongs to the family of transferases, specifically the transaminases, which transfer nitrogenous groups. The systematic name of this enzyme class is L-phenylalanine:pyruvate aminotransferase. Other names in common use include phenylalanine (histidine) aminotransferase, phenylalanine(histidine):pyruvate aminotransferase, histidine:pyruvate aminotransferase, and L-phenylalanine(L-histidine):pyruvate aminotransferase.
- IUBMB entry for 184.108.40.206
- BRENDA references for 220.127.116.11 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 18.104.22.168
- PubMed Central references for 22.214.171.124
- Google Scholar references for 126.96.36.199
- Minatogawa Y, Noguchi T, Kido R (1977). "Species distribution and properties of hepatic phenylalanine (histidine):pyruvate aminotransferase". Hoppe. Seylers. Z. Physiol. Chem. 358: 59&ndash, 67. PMID 14070.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 72560-98-6.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|This transferase article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|