- 3'-phosphoadenylyl sulfate + 5alpha-cholan-3alpha,7alpha,12alpha,24-tetrol adenosine 3',5'-bisphosphate + 5alpha-cholan-3alpha,7alpha,12alpha-triol 24-sulfate
Thus, the two substrates of this enzyme are 3'-phosphoadenylyl sulfate and 5alpha-cholan-3alpha,7alpha,12alpha,24-tetrol, whereas its two products are adenosine 3',5'-bisphosphate and 5alpha-cholan-3alpha,7alpha,12alpha-triol 24-sulfate.
This enzyme belongs to the family of transferases, specifically the sulfotransferases, which transfer sulfur-containing groups. The systematic name of this enzyme class is 3'-phosphoadenylyl-sulfate:5alpha-cholan-3alpha,7alpha,12alpha,24-te trol sulfotransferase. This enzyme is also called PZ-SULT.
- IUBMB entry for 184.108.40.206
- BRENDA references for 220.127.116.11 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 18.104.22.168
- PubMed Central references for 22.214.171.124
- Google Scholar references for 126.96.36.199
- Venkatachalam KV, Llanos DE, Karami KJ, Malinovskii VA (2004). "Isolation, partial purification, and characterization of a novel petromyzonol sulfotransferase from Petromyzon marinus (lamprey) larval liver". J. Lipid. Res. 45: 486&ndash, 95. PMID 14657197.
|This transferase article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|