|tumor necrosis factor (ligand) superfamily, member 4 (tax-transcriptionally activated glycoprotein 1, 34kDa)|
|Alt. symbols||TXGP1, OX-40L, gp34, CD252|
|Locus||Chr. 1 q25|
OX40L is the ligand for CD134 and is expressed on such cells as DC2s (a subtype of dendritic cells) enabling amplification of Th2 cell differentiation. OX40L has also been designated CD252 (cluster of differentiation 252).
Various single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) of the OX40L gene have been identified. For some of them association with systemic lupus erythematosus has been reported: No association with occurrence of atherosclerosis has been found.
- Maizels RM, Yazdanbakhsh M (2003). "Immune regulation by helminth parasites: cellular and molecular mechanisms" (PDF). Nat. Rev. Immunol. 3 (9): 733–44. doi:10.1038/nri1183. PMID 12949497.
- Lu MM (Jul 2013). "Association of TNFSF4 polymorphisms with systemic lupus erythematosus: a meta-analysis". Mod Rheumatol. 23 (4): 686–93. doi:10.3109/s10165-012-0708-8. PMID 22850862.
- Huang Q (Apr 2014). "Absence of association between atherosclerotic cerebral infarction and TNFSF4/TNFRSF4 single nucleotide polymorphisms rs1234313, rs1234314 and rs17568 in a Chinese population". J Int Med Res. 42 (2): 436–43. doi:10.1177/0300060514521154. PMID 24595151.
- OX40L+Protein at the US National Library of Medicine Medical Subject Headings (MeSH)
- TNFSF4+protein,+human at the US National Library of Medicine Medical Subject Headings (MeSH)
|30px||This membrane protein–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|