- ATP + nucleoside phosphate ADP + nucleoside diphosphate
This enzyme belongs to the family of transferases, specifically those transferring phosphorus-containing groups (phosphotransferases) with a phosphate group as acceptor. The systematic name of this enzyme class is ATP:nucleoside-phosphate phosphotransferase. This enzyme is also called NMP-kinase. This enzyme participates in pyrimidine metabolism.
- IUBMB entry for 126.96.36.199
- BRENDA references for 188.8.131.52 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 184.108.40.206
- PubMed Central references for 220.127.116.11
- Google Scholar references for 18.104.22.168
- AYENGAR P, GIBSON DM, SANADI DR (1956). "Transphosphorylations between nucleoside phosphates". Biochim. Biophys. Acta. 21: 86&ndash, 91. PMID 13363863.
- HEPPEL LA, STROMINGER JL, MAXWELL ES (1959). "Nucleoside monophosphate kinases. II. Transphosphorylation betweeen adenosine monophosphate and nucleoside triphosphates". Biochim. Biophys. Acta. 32: 422&ndash, 30. PMID 14401179.
- LIEBERMAN I, KORNBERG A, SIMMS ES (1955). "Enzymatic synthesis of nucleoside diphosphates and triphosphates". J. Biol. Chem. 215: 429&ndash, 40. PMID 14392176.
- Boyer, P.D., Lardy, H. and Myrback, K. (Eds.), The Enzymes, 2nd ed., vol. 6, Academic Press, New York, 1962, p. 139-149.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 9026-50-0.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|60x45px||This enzyme-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|