- N-acyl-D-glucosamine 6-phosphate N-acyl-D-mannosamine 6-phosphate
This enzyme belongs to the family of isomerases, specifically those racemases and epimerases acting on carbohydrates and derivatives. The systematic name of this enzyme class is N-acyl-D-glucosamine-6-phosphate 2-epimerase. Other names in common use include acylglucosamine-6-phosphate 2-epimerase, and acylglucosamine phosphate 2-epimerase. This enzyme participates in aminosugars metabolism.
- IUBMB entry for 126.96.36.199
- BRENDA references for 188.8.131.52 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 184.108.40.206
- PubMed Central references for 220.127.116.11
- Google Scholar references for 18.104.22.168
- Ghosh S and Roseman S (1965). "The sialic acids. IV. N-Acyl-D-glucosamine 6-phosphate 2-epimerase". J. Biol. Chem. 240: 1525&ndash, 1530.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 37318-35-7.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|This isomerase article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|