Vuorio et al. 1999, DSM 44340
Gram-positive, nonmotile and acid-fast rods or coccobacilli (0.4-0.5µm x 0.6-1.4µm).
Colony characteristics Smooth and scotochromogenic colonies of saffron yellow color.
- Growth on Middlebrook 7H10 agar at 10-37°C, optimum at 30°C within 5 days.
- Susceptible to amikacin, azithromycin, ciprofloxacin, clarithromycin and ethambutol.
- Resistant to isoniazid.
- Mycobacterium murale and Mycobacterium tokaiense share an identical 5'-16S rDNA sequence
- However the ITS sequence of both species differs.
- Not known.
- First isolated from water-damaged indoor building material, Finland.
Strain MA112/96 = CCUG 39728 = CIP 105980 = DSM 44340 = HAMBI 2320 = JCM 13392.
- Vuorio et al. 1999. A new rapidly growing mycobacterial species, Mycobacterium murale sp. nov., isolated from the indoor walls of a children’s day care centre. Int. J. Syst. Bacteriol., 1999, 49, 25-35.