- L-threo-3-methylaspartate L-glutamate
This enzyme belongs to the family of isomerases, specifically those intramolecular transferases transferring other groups. The systematic name of this enzyme class is L-threo-3-methylaspartate carboxy-aminomethylmutase. Other names in common use include glutamate mutase, glutamic mutase, glutamic isomerase, glutamic acid mutase, glutamic acid isomerase, methylaspartic acid mutase, beta-methylaspartate-glutamate mutase, and glutamate isomerase. This enzyme participates in c5-branched dibasic acid metabolism. It employs one cofactor, cobamide.
- IUBMB entry for 188.8.131.52
- BRENDA references for 184.108.40.206 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 220.127.116.11
- PubMed Central references for 18.104.22.168
- Google Scholar references for 22.214.171.124
- BARKER HA, ROOZE V, SUZUKI F, IODICE AA (1964). "THE GLUTAMATE MUTASE SYSTEM. ASSAYS AND PROPERTIES". J. Biol. Chem. 239: 3260&ndash, 6. PMID 14245371.
- Weissbach H, Toohey J and Barker HA (1959). "Isolation and properties of B12 coenzymes containing benzimidazole or dimethylbenzimidazole". Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA. 45: 521&ndash, 528.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 9032-97-7.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|This isomerase article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|