Low-density-lipoprotein receptor kinase
- ATP + [low-density-lipoprotein receptor]-L-serine ADP + [low-density-lipoprotein receptor]-O-phospho-L-serine
This enzyme belongs to the family of transferases, specifically those transferring a phosphate group to the sidechain oxygen atom of serine or threonine residues in proteins (protein-serine/threonine kinases). The systematic name of this enzyme class is ATP:[low-density-lipoprotein receptor]-L-serine O-phosphotransferase. Other names in common use include ATP:low-density-lipoprotein-L-serine O-phosphotransferase, LDL receptor kinase, [low-density-lipoprotein] kinase, low-density lipoprotein kinase, low-density-lipoprotein receptor kinase (phosphorylating), and STK7.
- IUBMB entry for 188.8.131.52
- BRENDA references for 184.108.40.206 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 220.127.116.11
- PubMed Central references for 18.104.22.168
- Google Scholar references for 22.214.171.124
- Kishimoto A, Brown MS, Slaughter CA, Goldstein JL (1987). "Phosphorylation of serine 833 in cytoplasmic domain of low density lipoprotein receptor by a high molecular weight enzyme resembling casein kinase II". J. Biol. Chem. 262: 1344&ndash, 51. PMID 3100530.
- Kishimoto A, Goldstein JL, Brown MS (1987). "Purification of catalytic subunit of low density lipoprotein receptor kinase and identification of heat-stable activator protein". J. Biol. Chem. 262: 9367&ndash, 73. PMID 3597414.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 107445-00-1.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|60x45px||This enzyme-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|