- O3-acetyl-L-serine + 3,4-dihydroxypyridine 3-(3,4-dihydroxypyridin-1-yl)-L-alanine + acetate
This enzyme belongs to the family of transferases, specifically those transferring aryl or alkyl groups other than methyl groups. The systematic name of this enzyme class is O3-acetyl-L-serine:3,4-dihydroxypyridine 1-(2-amino-2-carboxyethyl)transferase. Other names in common use include O3-acetyl-L-serine acetate-lyase (adding 3,4-dihydroxypyridin-1-yl), 3-O-acetyl-L-serine:3,4-dihydroxypyridine, and 1-(2-amino-2-carboxyethyl)transferase.
- IUBMB entry for 126.96.36.199
- BRENDA references for 188.8.131.52 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 184.108.40.206
- PubMed Central references for 220.127.116.11
- Google Scholar references for 18.104.22.168
- Murakoshi I, Ikegami F, Hinuma Y and Hanma Y (1984). "Purification and characterization of L-mimosine synthase from Leucaena leucocephala". Phytochemistry. 23: 1905&ndash, 1908.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 93229-75-5.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|This transferase article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|