- ATP + L-arabinose ADP + beta-L-arabinose 1-phosphate
This enzyme belongs to the family of transferases, specifically those transferring phosphorus-containing groups (phosphotransferases) with an alcohol group as acceptor. The systematic name of this enzyme class is ATP:L-arabinose 1-phosphotransferase. This enzyme is also called L-arabinokinase (phosphorylating). This enzyme participates in nucleotide sugars metabolism.
- IUBMB entry for 126.96.36.199
- BRENDA references for 188.8.131.52 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 184.108.40.206
- PubMed Central references for 220.127.116.11
- Google Scholar references for 18.104.22.168
- Neufeld EF, Feingold DS and Hassid WZ (1960). "Phosphorylation of D-galactose and L-arabinose by extracts from Phaseolus aureus seedlings". J. Biol. Chem. 235: 906&ndash, 909.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 37277-99-9.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|60x45px||This enzyme-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|