- phenylacetyl-CoA + isopenicillin N + H2O CoA + penicillin G + L-2-aminohexanedioate
This enzyme belongs to the family of transferases, specifically those acyltransferases transferring groups other than aminoacyl groups. The systematic name of this enzyme class is acyl-CoA:isopenicillin N N-acyltransferase. Other names in common use include acyl-coenzyme A:isopenicillin N acyltransferase, and isopenicillin N:acyl-CoA: acyltransferase. This enzyme participates in penicillin and cephalosporin biosynthesis.
- IUBMB entry for 188.8.131.52
- BRENDA references for 184.108.40.206 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 220.127.116.11
- PubMed Central references for 18.104.22.168
- Google Scholar references for 22.214.171.124
- Tobin MB, Fleming MD, Skatrud PL, Miller JR (1990). "Molecular characterization of the acyl-coenzyme A:isopenicillin N acyltransferase gene (penDE) from Penicillium chrysogenum and Aspergillus nidulans and activity of recombinant enzyme in Escherichia coli". J. Bacteriol. 172: 5908&ndash, 14. PMID 2120195.
- Aplin RT, Baldwin JE, Roach PL, Robinson CV, Schofield CJ (Pt 2). "Investigations into the post-translational modification and mechanism of isopenicillin N:acyl-CoA acyltransferase using electrospray mass spectrometry". Biochem. J. 294: 357&ndash, 63. PMID 8396910. Check date values in:
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 54576-90-8.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|This transferase article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|