- S-adenosyl-L-methionine + a 7-hydroxyisoflavone S-adenosyl-L-homocysteine + a 7-methoxyisoflavone
This enzyme belongs to the family of transferases, specifically those transferring one-carbon group methyltransferases. The systematic name of this enzyme class is S-adenosyl-L-methionine:hydroxyisoflavone 7-O-methyltransferase. This enzyme participates in isoflavonoid biosynthesis.
- IUBMB entry for 184.108.40.206
- BRENDA references for 220.127.116.11 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 18.104.22.168
- PubMed Central references for 22.214.171.124
- Google Scholar references for 126.96.36.199
- Edwards R and Dixon RA (1991). "Isoflavone O-methyltransferase activities in elicitor-treated cell suspension cultures of Medicago sativa". Phytochemistry. 30: 2597&ndash, 2606.
- He XZ, Dixon RA (2000). "Genetic manipulation of isoflavone 7-O-methyltransferase enhances biosynthesis of 4'-O-methylated isoflavonoid phytoalexins and disease resistance in alfalfa". Plant. Cell. 12: 1689&ndash, 702. PMID 11006341.
- He XZ, Dixon RA (1996). "Affinity chromatography, substrate/product specificity, and amino acid sequence analysis of an isoflavone O-methyltransferase from alfalfa (Medicago sativa L.)". Arch. Biochem. Biophys. 336: 121&ndash, 9. PMID 8951042.
- He XZ, Reddy JT, Dixon RA (1998). "Stress responses in alfalfa (Medicago sativa L). XXII. cDNA cloning and characterization of an elicitor-inducible isoflavone 7-O-methyltransferase". Plant. Mol. Biol. 36: 43&ndash, 54. PMID 9484461.
- Liu CJ, Dixon RA (2001). "Elicitor-induced association of isoflavone O-methyltransferase with endomembranes prevents the formation and 7-O-methylation of daidzein during isoflavonoid phytoalexin biosynthesis". Plant. Cell. 13: 2643&ndash, 58. PMID 11752378.
- Zubieta C, He XZ, Dixon RA, Noel JP (2001). "Structures of two natural product methyltransferases reveal the basis for substrate specificity in plant O-methyltransferases". Nat. Struct. Biol. 8: 271&ndash, 9. PMID 11224575.
- Christensen AB, Gregersen PL, Olsen CE, Collinge DB (1998). "A flavonoid 7-O-methyltransferase is expressed in barley leaves in response to pathogen attack". Plant. Mol. Biol. 36: 219&ndash, 27. PMID 9484434.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 136111-54-1.
|This transferase article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|