Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy secondary prevention
Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Microchapters
Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy secondary prevention On the Web
Effective measures for the secondary prevention of hypertrophic cardiomyopathy include screening. Once HCM has been identified in a family, immediate testing of all family members will help to identify those at risk. Both imaging and genetic testing might be helpful. Athletes and military commanders (this in danger group barely discussed in the literature) are particularly in danger and it is recommended to undergo screening for HCM.
- Genetic testing
Athletes and military commanders (this in danger group barely discussed in the literature) are particularly in danger and it is recommended to undergo screening for HCM.
Indications for implantable cardioverter-defibrillator (Secondary prevention)
- Survivors of cardiac arrest
- Sustained spontaneous ventricular arrhythmia
- Maron BJ. Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. Lancet 1997;350:127–33.
- Maron BJ. Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. A systematic review. JAMA 2002;287:1308–20.
- Maki S, Ikeda H, Muro A et al. Predictors of sudden cardiac death in hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. Am J Cardiol 1998;82:774–8.
- Maron BJ, Casey SA, Poliac LC, Gohman TE, Almquist AK, Aeppli DM. Clinical course of hypertrophic cardiomyopathy in a regional United States cohort. JAMA 1999;281:650–5.
- Maron BJ, Olivotto I, Bellone P et al. Clinical profile of stroke in 900 patients with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. J Am Coll Cardiol 2002;39:301–7.
- Maron BJ, Ackerman MJ, Nishimura RA, Pyeritz RE, Towbin JA, Udelson JE (2005). "Task Force 4: HCM and other cardiomyopathies, mitral valve prolapse, myocarditis, and Marfan syndrome". J. Am. Coll. Cardiol. 45 (8): 1340–5. doi:10.1016/j.jacc.2005.02.011. PMID 15837284. Unknown parameter
- Pelliccia A, Fagard R, Bjørnstad HH; et al. (2005). "Recommendations for competitive sports participation in athletes with cardiovascular disease: a consensus document from the Study Group of Sports Cardiology of the Working Group of Cardiac Rehabilitation and Exercise Physiology and the Working Group of Myocardial and Pericardial Diseases of the European Society of Cardiology". Eur. Heart J. 26 (14): 1422–45. doi:10.1093/eurheartj/ehi325. PMID 15923204. Unknown parameter