- (S)-3-hydroxybutanoate + 2-oxoglutarate acetoacetate + (R)-2-hydroxyglutarate
This enzyme belongs to the family of oxidoreductases, specifically those acting on the CH-OH group of donor with other acceptors. The systematic name of this enzyme class is (S)-3-hydroxybutanoate:2-oxoglutarate oxidoreductase. This enzyme is also called transhydrogenase, hydroxy acid-oxo acid.
- IUBMB entry for 18.104.22.168
- BRENDA references for 22.214.171.124 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 126.96.36.199
- PubMed Central references for 188.8.131.52
- Google Scholar references for 184.108.40.206
- Kaufman EE, Nelson T, Fales HM, Levin DM (1988). "Isolation and characterization of a hydroxyacid-oxoacid transhydrogenase from rat kidney mitochondria". J. Biol. Chem. 263: 16872&ndash, 9. PMID 3182820.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 117698-31-4.