How to post a WikiDoc News article
Create a New WikiDoc Page
- Enter the name of the article you wish to contribute to by typing the name into the search bar on the left hand side of the page.
- Click Go and you will get the following response:
- There is no page titled what you just typed. You can create this page.
- You should then click on the red text which says "Create this page" to create a page with that name.
- This will bring you to the edit page for that article.
- You can either type your article directly onto this page or you can copy and paste your news article from a word processing program (Microsoft Word, Microsoft Notepad , etc.).
- When you are finished, click on ‘Save Page’ at the very bottom of the screen.
- The pages added can then be 'watched' or 'monitored' and in the event that someone adds something to your page, you will be able to track this. Simply check the tab at the top of the page marked ‘watch’.
Add Your New WikiDoc Page to the WikiDoc News: Today in Medicine Template
- Enter Template:WikiDoc News: Today in Medicine into the search bar on the left hand side of the page and click Go.
- Click the edit tab at the top of the Template:WikiDoc News: Today in Medicine page.
- Enter the information for your article using the following as a template:
- '''Month Day, Year: article title'''
- *[[Article title|One sentence article summary.]]
- Click ‘Save Page’ at the very bottom of the screen.
- Your article should will now be displayed on the front page of WikiDoc.