- L-homocysteine + H2O hydrogen sulfide + NH3 + 2-oxobutanoate
This enzyme belongs to the family of lyases, specifically the class of carbon-sulfur lyases. The systematic name of this enzyme class is L-homocysteine hydrogen-sulfide-lyase (deaminating 2-oxobutanoate-forming). Other names in common use include homocysteine desulfurase, L-homocysteine hydrogen-sulfide-lyase, and (deaminating). This enzyme participates in nitrogen metabolism and sulfur metabolism. It employs one cofactor, pyridoxal phosphate.
- IUBMB entry for 184.108.40.206
- BRENDA references for 220.127.116.11 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 18.104.22.168
- PubMed Central references for 22.214.171.124
- Google Scholar references for 126.96.36.199
- KALLIO RE (1951). "Function of pyridoxal phosphate in desulfhydrase systems of Proteus morganii". J. Biol. Chem. 192: 371&ndash, 7. PMID 14917685.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 9024-41-3.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|60x45px||This enzyme-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|