- holocytochrome c apocytochrome c + heme
This enzyme belongs to the family of lyases, specifically the class of carbon-sulfur lyases. The systematic name of this enzyme class is holocytochrome-c apocytochrome-c-lyase (heme-forming). Other names in common use include cytochrome c heme-lyase, holocytochrome c synthetase, and holocytochrome-c apocytochrome-c-lyase. This enzyme participates in porphyrin and chlorophyll metabolism.
- IUBMB entry for 188.8.131.52
- BRENDA references for 184.108.40.206 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 220.127.116.11
- PubMed Central references for 18.104.22.168
- Google Scholar references for 22.214.171.124
- Dumont ME, Ernst JF, Hampsey DM, Sherman F (1987). "Identification and sequence of the gene encoding cytochrome c heme lyase in the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae". EMBO. J. 6: 235&ndash, 41. PMID 3034577.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 75139-03-6.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|60x45px||This enzyme-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|