Health Resources and Services Administration
The Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) is an agency within the United States Department of Health and Human Services whose goal is to improve access to health care for those without insurance. According to the HRSA, the agency "envisions optimal health for all, supported by a health care system that assures access to comprehensive, culturally competent, quality care." Headquartered in Washington, D.C., the HRSA has 10 regional offices and employs approximately 1,600 people. Its budget for FY 2006. US$6.6 billion.
The agency lists seven goals:
- Improve Access to Health Care.
- Improve Health Outcomes.
- Improve the Quality of Health Care.
- Eliminate Health Disparities.
- Improve the Public Health and Health Care Systems.
- Enhance the Ability of the Health Care System to Respond to Public Health Emergencies.
- Achieve Excellence in Management Practices