- ATP + GMP ADP + GDP
This enzyme belongs to the family of transferases, specifically those transferring phosphorus-containing groups (phosphotransferases) with a phosphate group as acceptor. The systematic name of this enzyme class is ATP:(d)GMP phosphotransferase. Other names in common use include deoxyguanylate kinase, 5'-GMP kinase, GMP kinase, guanosine monophosphate kinase, and ATP:GMP phosphotransferase. This enzyme participates in purine metabolism.
As of late 2007, 19 structures have been solved for this class of enzymes, with PDB accession codes 1EX6, 1EX7, 1GKY, 1LVG, 1S4Q, 1S96, 1Z6G, 1Z8F, 1ZNW, 1ZNX, 1ZNY, 1ZNZ, 2AN9, 2ANB, 2ANC, 2F3R, 2F3T, 2J41, and 2QOR.
- IUBMB entry for 18.104.22.168
- BRENDA references for 22.214.171.124 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 126.96.36.199
- PubMed Central references for 188.8.131.52
- Google Scholar references for 184.108.40.206
- Buccino RJ Jr, Roth JS (1969). "Partial purification and properties of ATP:GMP phosphransferase from rat liver". Arch. Biochem. Biophys. 132: 49&ndash, 61. PMID 4307347.
- Hiraga S, Sugino Y (1966). "Nucleoside monophosphokinases of Escherichia coli infected and uninfected with an RNA phage". Biochim. Biophys. Acta. 114: 416&ndash, 8. PMID 5329274.
- Griffith TJ, Helleiner CW (1965). "The partial purification of deoxynucleoside monophosphate kinases from L cells". Biochim. Biophys. Acta. 108: 114&ndash, 24. PMID 5862227.
- Oeschger MP, Bessman MJ (1966). "Purification and properties of guanylate kinase from Escherichia coli". J. Biol. Chem. 241: 5452&ndash, 60. PMID 5333666.
- Shimono H, Sugino Y (1971). "Metabolism of deoxyribonucleotides. Purification and properties of deoxyguanosine monophosphokinase of calf thymus". Eur. J. Biochem. 19: 256&ndash, 63. PMID 5552394.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 9026-59-9.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|60x45px||This enzyme-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|