- UDP-galactose + glycosaminoglycan UDP + D-galactosylglycosaminoglycan
This enzyme belongs to the family of glycosyltransferases, specifically the hexosyltransferases. The systematic name of this enzyme class is UDP-galactose:glycosaminoglycan D-galactosyltransferase. This enzyme is also called uridine diphosphogalactose-mucopolysaccharide galactosyltransferase.
- IUBMB entry for 220.127.116.11
- BRENDA references for 18.104.22.168 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 22.214.171.124
- PubMed Central references for 126.96.36.199
- Google Scholar references for 188.8.131.52
- Sussman M and Osborn MJ (1964). "UDP-glucose polysaccharide transferase in the cellular slime mold Dictyostelium discoideum: appearance and dissappearance of activity during cell differentiation". Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA. 52: 81&ndash, 87.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 51004-28-5.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|60x45px||This enzyme-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|