- 3'-phosphoadenylyl sulfate + glycochenodeoxycholate adenosine 3',5'-bisphosphate + glycochenodeoxycholate 7-sulfate
This enzyme belongs to the family of transferases, specifically the sulfotransferases, which transfer sulfur-containing groups. The systematic name of this enzyme class is 3'-phosphoadenylyl-sulfate:glycochenodeoxycholate 7-sulfotransferase. Other names in common use include bile acid:3'-phosphoadenosine-5'-phosphosulfate sulfotransferase, bile acid:PAPS:sulfotransferase, and BAST.
- IUBMB entry for 22.214.171.124
- BRENDA references for 126.96.36.199 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 188.8.131.52
- PubMed Central references for 184.108.40.206
- Google Scholar references for 220.127.116.11
- BI (1979). "Enzymatic sulfation of glycochenodeoxycholic acid by tissue fractions from adult hamsters". J. Lipid. Res. 20: 952&ndash, 9. PMID 533830.
- Russell DW (2003). "The enzymes, regulation, and genetics of bile acid synthesis". Annu. Rev. Biochem. 72: 137&ndash, 74. PMID 12543708.
|This transferase article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|