- acyl-CoA + glycine CoA + N-acylglycine
This enzyme belongs to the family of transferases, specifically those acyltransferases transferring groups other than aminoacyl groups. The systematic name of this enzyme class is acyl-CoA:glycine N-acyltransferase. Other names in common use include glycine acyltransferase, and glycine-N-acylase.
- IUBMB entry for 22.214.171.124
- BRENDA references for 126.96.36.199 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 188.8.131.52
- PubMed Central references for 184.108.40.206
- Google Scholar references for 220.127.116.11
- Nandi DL, Lucas SV, Webster LT Jr (1979). "Benzoyl-coenzyme A:glycine N-acyltransferase and phenylacetyl-coenzyme A:glycine N-acyltransferase from bovine liver mitochondria. Purification and characterization". J. Biol. Chem. 254: 7230&ndash, 7. PMID 457678.
- SCHACHTER D, TAGGART JV (1954). "Glycine N-acylase: purification and properties". J. Biol. Chem. 208: 263&ndash, 75. PMID 13174534.
- Webster LT, Siddiqui UA, Lucas SV, Strong JM, Mieyal JJ (1976). "Identification of separate acyl- CoA:glycine and acyl-CoA:L-glutamine N-acyltransferase activities in mitochondrial fractions from liver of rhesus monkey and man". J. Biol. Chem. 251: 3352&ndash, 8. PMID 931988.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 9029-95-2.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|This transferase article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|